From North America to Europe to Asia, almonds have maintained religious, ethnic and social significance for centuries. Mentioned as far back as the Bible, almonds are referenced as an object of value and a symbol of hope. In ancient Europe, almonds were used commonly in cooking, not only for flavoring and a thickening agent, but also to help with food digestion. Now a custom in various countries, "Jordan" almonds are given as gifts to represent fertility, happiness, romance, good health and fortune.
When almonds are in the kitchen the possiblities are endless.
Here are some ways to add almonds to your diet:
- Substitute for croutons in your salad;
- Add in your morning cereals (hot or cold);
- Toss in your yogurt for a tasty crunch;
- Add sliced almonds to a vegetable dish;
- Eat with a sandwich as a healthy alternative for chips; or,
- Create almond butter!
Flanigan Farms packages both
baking & snacking California Almonds: Almond Recipes
Whole (2.5oz, 6oz, 12oz)
Whole, Dry Roasted (1.5oz, 5-pack)
Did you know...
- Almonds are richer in calcium
than any other nut
- They are among the nuts highest
in dietary fiber, which is vital for a
good digestive function
- Studies have shown, eating
almonds in moderation may assist
in weight loss
ideal place to grow almonds,
and has, in fact, become the
worlds leading producer.